Job Listing: City Clerk
The City of Guyton (pop. 2300) is seeking an ambitious and publicly motivated fulltime City Clerk. The City Clerk acts as the custodian to all city all documents, prepares and maintains accurate minutes for Council Meetings, and executes various government financial transactions. This position reports to the City Manager. Salary ranges from $33,000 to $37,000 depending on qualifications.
- Attends all meetings of the City
- Records the minutes of all City Council proceedings documenting all ordinances and resolutions passed by
- Prepares and reviews entries for accuracy before submitting
- Custodian of the records and documents belonging to the City of Maintaining a proper index to all such records and documents.
- Prepares and has custody of all municipal records required by law to be kept by the City, and acts as the City's record manager.
- Acts as the City's designated Georgia Open Records Act Officer by fulfilling all Open Records Request submitted to the City.
- Oversees the publication of all notices, ordinances, or other documents required by law to be
- Receives all applications or petitions made to the City for presentation to the Mayor and City
- Supervises accounts payable and receivable for General Government (Ad Valorem Taxes, Business License, Municipal Court Fines and Bonds, etc.).
- Supervises the computation of time worked and wages due to all city employees, supervises the preparation and issuance of City payroll
- Assist in the collection of fees for business license, building permits, zoning applications
- Issues all licenses and keeps record thereof, and all badges and permits authorized by
High school graduate or holds G.E.D. supplemented by (5) years’ experience in progressively responsible clerical work and office management, preferably including public management, public contact, and supervisory experience. Three (3) years billing experience or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which will provide the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position.
To apply, completed applications and resumes, including signed consent form, must be submitted to Interim City Manager Mike Eskew (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email, or by mail to PO Box 99, Guyton, GA, 31312.